HeBS Account Executive Margaret Mastrogiacomo recently guest lectured on Web 2.0/Social Media for HeBS’ CEO Max Starkov’s Management of Technology and E-commerce/Tourism E-Commerce Class.
Starkov and Mastrogiacomo’s presentation focused on current hot topics in the hospitality industry – Web 2.0 and Social Media – and covered the following:
- Web 2.0 & Social Media in the Travel Industry
- Web 2.0 Initiatives and Case Studies
- Preparing for the Hyper-Interactive Travel Consumer
- Is Facebook more Popular than Google? What Does this Mean for the Industry?
- Social Media Initiatives and Case Studies
- Measuring ROI on Facebook & Twitter
- What’s next for Web 2.0 & Social Media?
Students also learned what Web 2.0 and Social Media initiatives hoteliers are planning for in 2010, how these initiatives fit into a comprehensive Internet marketing strategy, and best practices for incorporating these types of initiatives into the hotelier’s action plan for 2010.
Mastrogiacomo has led the creative process behind many of HeBS’ recent award winning Web 2.0 applications including the Indian Wells Scavenger Hunt, as well as developed viral elements for online campaigns and successful promotions for HeBS clients’ Facebook fan pages and Twitter profiles.
Students from this class are working on completing either a Master of Science in Tourism & Travel Management or a Master of Science in Hospitality Industry Studies.